Home Information Pack (HIP)

  Frequently Asked Questions about Home Information Pack (HIP)...
Building Regulations, Self Certification & Compliance
Building Regulations - Part L - Conversion of Fuel & Power in ... [ read more... ]
The Home Information Pack (HIP) wil be a mandatory requirement from August 1st 2007 with 4 or more bedroomed properties placed for sale. The HIP will contain a sale statement, copies of title documents, warranties & guarantees, a mandatory Energy Performance Certificate, Property Use and Contents Forms, with other requirements for leasholders. The Home Condition Report (HCR) will not be a mandatory part of the HIP. Part L - Conservation of fuel and power. Both new and existing buildings are covered and targets 'Heat Loss' - 'Air Leakage ' - 'Solar Gain' - 'Efficiency of Heating & Cooling Systems' which includes central heating boilers and controls, hot water storage & controls. Covers energy efficiency and requires minimum SEDBUK ratings of appliances whether for new or replacement installations. Note, when a replacement boiler or hot water cylinder is installed it is required that the entire system is brought up to the energy efficiency requirements of a new system.
Government announces phased HIP roll-out to begin with energy certificates 
In the light of the plans for testing and concerns about the readiness of industry, the Government announced new proposals to phase the introduction of HIPs, prioritising the delivery of energy efficiency information with further testing later this year on ... [ read more ]
^ Back to Top | Home | Copyright © 2017 Goto Online Ltd | Web Design | Advertising | Sitemap | Terms & Conditions | Links | Contact
Valid CSS
| ^ Back to Top |